DevOps Standard Requirements
- You can start to create different test scenarios by bringing together all of the different types of testing that you require, and keeping a tight association with the application components to which these tests belong. This mapping is critical to understand which tests touch which code and more importantly understanding: when the code changes, which tests need to be re-run?
- Ask yourself when you're talking about DevOps, again, it's not about a product. It's about what you know and how your company is structured, how your team works together. Do your developers-- does your development team know exactly what actual production looks like. I mean exactly. Can they tell you what production looks like?
- With this new, full-stack approach to software delivery comes new opportunity for delay. DevOps was developed as a reaction to the long lead times required for infrastructure provisioning and integration with bureaucracy-laden ITIL processes. But what are these new sources of delay in the software development lifecycle?
- DevOps isn't really a product. It's not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
- A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that's going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say "is that what gives us the competitive edge?"
- Essentially, DevOps isn't a tool or a product. It's an operational approach that changes how organisations think about developing and deploying applications. But, for many organisations, this can be a bit vague. How do you introduce this sort of change?
- To put your organization on the path to DevOps, you need a clear understanding of your current practices for development and operations. Do your development processes use agile or waterfall methodologies, or both?
- If you're not able to roll back your changes, how much money you're going to lose in the business. How much time are you going to lose for the defect and look for what happened?
- DevOps needs both a strong definition and a set of standard success measures, but how does one measure improved cooperation between development and operations or alignment?
- When the engineering team is satisfied, and pushes the new features to a full automation run, including load testing, how long does it take to declare the service ready to use?
Why Own The DevOps Self-Assessment?
The DevOps Self-Assessment will make you a DevOps domain expert by:
Reducing the effort in the DevOps work to be done to get problems solved
- Ensuring that plans of action include every DevOps task and that every DevOps outcome is in place
- Saving time investigating strategic and tactical options and ensuring DevOps opportunity costs are low
- Delivering tailored DevOps advise instantly with structured going-forward plans
All the tools you need to an in-depth DevOps Self-Assessment. Featuring 973 new and updated case-based criteria, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which DevOps improvements can be made.
What Is In The DevOps Self-Assessment?
The DevOps Complete Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard
- Ensures you don't miss anything: 973 criteria in 7 RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain) steps with easy and quick navigating and answering for 1 or up to 10 participants
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough DevOps Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next
The DevOps Complete Self Assessment eBook version of the book in print
- Provides a convenient way to distribute and share among the participants to prepare and discuss the Self-Assessment
In using the Self-Assessment you will be better able to:
Diagnose DevOps projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in DevOps and process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Assess And Define DevOps With This DevOps Self Assessment. Sample Questions From The Complete, 973 Criteria, Self-Assessment:
- Recognize Criterion: Who needs to know about DevOps ?
- Define Criterion: How do organizations define DevOps?
- Measure Criterion: Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent DevOps services/products?
- Analyze Criterion: Can we add value to the current DevOps decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
- Improve Criterion: How do you measure risk management in DevOps?
- Control Criterion: Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for DevOps strengthening and reform actually originate?
- Sustain Criterion: DevOps Releases: How do we regression test 50+ releases per day?
Cost/Benefit Analysis; DevOps Self-Assessment Justification And Approval Tools:
Purchasing a The Art of Service Self Assessment will spur new ideas, fast track project strategy and advance your professional skills. We’ve developed a set of criteria that will aid in gaining approval and give you the ability to validate and review your Self-Assessment investment:
- Excluding hired consultants and advisors from top management consulting firms, internal DevOps Self-Assessment work is typically undertaken by senior level positions with titles such as Enterprise Architect, Business Process Architects, Business Process Re-engineering Specialists and Business Architects.
Statistics according to Glassdoor and Indeed tell these positions receive an average basic pay of $125,000. Daily rates of basic pay are computed by dividing an employee's annual pay by 260 days. The daily salary is then derived by dividing the annual salary of $125,000 by 260 days = a daily rate of $480.
- Top management consulting firms start at $2,000 a day, with rates typically charged up to 40 hours per week.
For a fraction of this the Self-Assessment will make you a DevOps domain authority.
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
For more than twenty years, The Art of Service's Self-Assessments empower people who can do just that - whether their title is marketer, entrepreneur, manager, salesperson, consultant, business process manager, executive assistant, IT Manager, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are people who watch the process as it happens, and ask the right questions to make the process work better.
Get The DevOps Self Assessment That Will Make You A DevOps Domain Expert Now.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed