Ensure Your IT Services Meet Business & Customer Objectives!
In essence, Service Monitoring and Control is the means by which the service provider ensures that the expected value from delivered IT services is established and maintained. Have you implemented the following IT Service Monitoring and Control activities?
- Service Transition.
- Assuring Compliance.
- Assessments and Auditing.
- Management Reviews.
- Continual Improvement.
If the answer is no, start today! Our second edition of the IT Service Monitoring and Control Toolkit will assist you in ensuring that the effectiveness of IT services is meeting business and customer needs.
The Art of Service has designed this toolkit to introduce IT Service Monitoring and Control main concepts, as well as provide you with the tools to successfully create a workable IT Service Monitoring and Control culture in your organization. We provide you with step-by-step guides, templates, and best practice examples that will enable you to meet this challenge head-on.
Effectively Manage IT Services with a Proven ITSM Framework
IT Service Monitoring and Control is a set of ITSM activities defined to ensure that the effectiveness of IT services is meeting business and customer objectives. The activities of Service Monitoring and Control are necessary to ensure the service provider’s achievement of legislative, statutory, regulatory, and contractual requirements that are placed on the customer and service provider’s business. Four functional areas define the general scope for service monitoring and control:
- Service Transition – any activity designed to consistently move a service from a development to an operational state.
- Assuring Compliance – ensures alignment between requirements from several sources (legislative, statutory, regulatory, and contractual) and actual achievement of those requirements.
- Assessments and Auditing – a program designed to provide objective, impartial evaluation of the IT environment’s current capabilities against specific criteria provided through requirement sources.
- Continual Improvement – a program of preventative and corrective actions intended to improve capabilities delivered to the customer.
This on-trend Toolkit focuses on all aspects of implementing effective IT services in your organization. This Toolkit is your one-stop shop for controlling your IT services with ease.
This second edition toolkit provides answers to all of your IT Service Monitoring and Control questions, and is designed to provide a guiding hand to assist you in improving your knowledge and understanding of IT Service Monitoring and Control by offering a step-by-step, easy-to-follow roadmap. It also includes easy-to-use templates, assessments, presentations, and documents that can be adapted to your organization's requirements.
The Art of Service has designed this toolkit to introduce IT Service Monitoring and Control concepts, and provide you with the tools to successfully create a workable IT Service Monitoring and Control culture in your organization.
The PowerPoint presentations can be used to educate staff as the basis for management presentations or when making business cases for implementation.
The supporting documents and templates will help you identify the areas within your organization that require the most activity in terms of change and improvement, and will provide a starting point when designing and implementing new designs, policies, and procedures.
The additional resources will enable you to improve your organization’s IT Service Monitoring and Control understanding and knowledge base.
The Complete Toolkit Includes:
Step 01 Getting Started
- Toolkit Roadmap - IT Service Monitoring and Control.doc
- IT Service Monitoring and Control Intro Presentation.ppt
- Introduction to IT Service Monitoring and Control.ppt
- Implementation of Monitoring and Control Framework.doc
Step 02 General Implementation
This folder consists of generic documents to be used in understanding and defining Service Management and Control in its entirety or any of its components.
- Business Justification Template.doc
- Objectives and Goals.doc
- Business and IT Service Mapping.doc
- Policies Objectives Scope.doc
- Defining Requirements.doc
- Service Management Policy Template.doc
- Service Management Plan.doc
Step 03 Change Management
The change management folder provides an introduction to change management and several templates relevant to creating an effective service monitoring and control framework. The use of these templates should not imply a comprehensive implementation of change management.
- Introduction to Change Management.ppt
- General Change Procedure.doc
- Change Policy.doc
- Request for Change (RFC) Template.doc
- Types of Change Request.doc
Step 04 Release and Deployment Management
The release and deployment management folder provides introductions to release and deployment management and service testing and several templates relevant to creating an effective service monitoring and control framework. The use of these templates should not imply a comprehensive implementation of release and deployment management.
- Release and Deployment Presentation.ppt
- Service Validation and Testing.ppt
- Service Testing Policy.doc
- Testing Process Template.doc
- Testing Plan Checklist.doc
Step 05 Configuration Management
The configuration management folder provides an introduction to configuration management and several templates relevant to creating an effective service monitoring and control framework. The use of these templates should not imply a comprehensive implementation of configuration management.
- Service Asset & Configuration Management.ppt
- Types of Service Assets.doc
- CMDB Design Document.doc
- Typical Contents of a CI Record.doc
- Identification Guidelines.doc
- Status Accounting Guidelines.doc
Step 06 Knowledge Management
- Understanding Knowledge Management.ppt
Step 07 Service Level Management
The service level management folder provides an introduction to service level management and several templates relevant to creating an effective service monitoring and control framework. The use of these templates should not imply a comprehensive implementation of service level management.
- Understanding Service Level Management.ppt
- Service Definition.doc
- Service Level Requirements Template.doc
- Service Agreements.doc
Step 08 Risk Management
Risk management is a significant function of service monitoring and control. The templates provides here will provides a firm foundation for effectively assessing and managing risks.
- Risk Management Policy.doc
- Risk Management Framework.doc
- IT Risk Assessment Planning.doc
- Business Impact Assessment.doc
- Risk Assessment and Control Form.doc
- Risk Assessment Questionnaire.doc
- IT Risk Assessment Scoresheet.doc
- Generic Project Risk Assessment.doc
- Conducting a Risk Management Review.doc
- Risk Register.xls
Step 09 Auditing
- Internal Audits.doc
- Management Reviews.doc
- Process Assessment.doc
- Configuration Audits.doc
- Managing Audit Projects using PRINCE2.ppt
Step 10 Metrics and Measurements
- Short Overview of Six Sigma.doc
- Metrics and Reports.doc
- Developing KPIs.doc
- Reports and KPI Targets.doc
- Service Report Description Template.doc
- Improvement Management Tool.doc
Step 11 Bonus Documents
Bonus Materials consists of fact sheets, presentations, and documents regarding related subjects, including:
- COBIT Easy Explanation Fact Sheet.doc
- ISO 9000 Easy Explanation Fact Sheet.pdf
- ISO 9000 Presentation.ppt
- Model of a Process-Based Quality Management System.doc
- ISO 20000 - Introduction Presentation.ppt
- ISO 27000 Presentation.ppt
- Mapping - Terms and Usage.doc
- ISO IEC 20000 and ITIL Presentation.ppt
- ITIL Easy Explanation Fact Sheet.pdf
- Risk Management - Prince2.ppt
- Risk Management - Project Management.ppt
- Simple Six Sigma Calculator.xls
- Six Sigma- Short Overview.doc
- Six Sigma Defining Requirements.doc
- Six Sigma Presentation.ppt
- Starter Kit Document.doc
Purchase the IT Service Monitoring and Control Toolkit – Second Edition Today!
The moment you purchase the collection, the factsheets, presentations, and tools included above will be available to you through a simple download!
Need help justifying your investment?
It took us 80+ man-hours to produce the IT Service Monitoring and Control Toolkit: analyzing, processing, selecting, and building the “flow” from the countless documents and data we have produced over months (at least $50/hour that comes to $4,000 plus of time).
In total, the end result—the IT Service Monitoring and Control Toolkit – Second Edition—reflects close to a full-time employee’s week of work.
At the Art of Service, we know how important your time is for you and we also understand that nobody can substitute you in certain scenarios. This is why we give you the results without you having to do all the legwork; we do the researching and the analysis and the collating of the information we find.
All you have to do is take the outcome of all that work and use it as part of your project to make it unique to your job, project, or task at hand in a way that only you can do.
Purchase now and you have an instant ROI by having the right information at your fingertips and saving hundreds and hundreds of hours of research time.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed