Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Configuration Management DataBase Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Configuration Management DataBase related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Configuration Management DataBase specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Configuration Management DataBase Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 928 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Configuration Management DataBase improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 928 standard requirements:
- Deciding what level of hardware in the system is a decision process such as: is the cost or risk of loss with a usb cable, a tablet or a mouse sufficient to require tracking? Have you decided on the detail level?
- In ibm maximo asset management, is it possible fo you to issue spares and or tools to a technician and carry the already stated issued items to the work site to complete the work order and return unused material?
- When you look for new applications to meet your business needs - requirements are defined, software is evaluated, software selected, software configuration begins. But what about the data, how is this managed?
- Does your organization have corporate policies and management controls in place to ensure that only corporate-approved (licensed and vetted) software components are used during the development process?
- If a customer complains that service levels are below those agreed in the SLA, apparently due to a number of related hardware incidents, who is responsible for ensuring the cause is investigated?
- As the discipline of IT asset management (ITAM) began to evolve in the early 90s, organizations often asked: What is IT asset management and why would you want to do it - what are the benefits?
- Are all the anomalies reported during testing adequately resolved (or the appropriate waivers/deviations were obtained and known defects with workarounds are documented in the release notes)?
- Are physical configuration assessments conducted to determine the degree of agreement between the current physical configuration and the configuration depicted in the facility documentation?
- Do you have a good handle on your IT organizations assets what is and is not being used, the true costs of the already stated assets, and whether they are best suited to meet business needs?
- Is there a continuous monitoring program that includes configuration management, ongoing security control assessments, and reporting on the information system and its constituent components?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Configuration Management DataBase book in PDF containing 928 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Configuration Management DataBase self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Configuration Management DataBase Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Configuration Management DataBase areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Configuration Management DataBase Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Configuration Management DataBase projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Configuration Management DataBase Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Configuration Management DataBase project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Activity Duration Estimates: Do you think Configuration Management DataBase project managers of large information technology Configuration Management DataBase projects need strong technical skills?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Do people have the competencies to meet the strategic objectives?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: What is the primary function of the Activity Decomposition Decision Tree?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Evaluate the impact of schedule changes, work around, etc?
- Project Portfolio management: Do you use specialized software to manage your portfolio of Configuration Management DataBase projects?
- Scope Management Plan: Does the implementation plan have an appropriate division of responsibilities?
- Procurement Audit: Was the outcome of the award process properly reached and communicated?
- Risk Management Plan: Are there new risks that mitigation strategies might introduce?
- Team Performance Assessment: To what degree do the goals specify concrete team work products?
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: What were things that you did very well and want to do the same again on the next Configuration Management DataBase project?
Step-by-step and complete Configuration Management DataBase Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Configuration Management DataBase project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Configuration Management DataBase project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Configuration Management DataBase project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Configuration Management DataBase project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Configuration Management DataBase project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Configuration Management DataBase project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Configuration Management DataBase project with this in-depth Configuration Management DataBase Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Configuration Management DataBase projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Configuration Management DataBase and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Configuration Management DataBase investments work better.
This Configuration Management DataBase All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.