"I want to bring it up and get it off my chest; in data there’s no such thing as a true outsider. My team is responsible for data governance, metadata, data quality, master data management and the implementation of data management capabilities, I'm the Data Steward - Data Management and Governance. I provide leadership for the governance of the data and improving data governance and management and I assist in developing processes and controls for managing our data, including reconciliation. And as my wife would say 'I can stand up and hold onto this thing and boogie down pretty good.'"
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Data Governance Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Data Governance related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Data Governance specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Data Governance Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 692 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Data Governance improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 692 standard requirements:
- Bad data damages your organization and hurts your decisions. Does data management help you analyze, improve and control data from one platform regardless of source, size or variety? How are you measuring results?
- Does your organization have any software product that has a tuning process i.e. when one part changes or has new components added or a different vendor adds something to it, all parts are evaluated?
- Will it support continued, measurable, and verifiable compliance with all the relevant government, industry, and organization mandates relevant to any and all aspects of operations?
- How do you prevent that master records seem to get into a change, change back cycle as two different groups of users attempt to enforce two different sets of business rules?
- What technical architectural strategies do you use over time to maximize scalability, availability and throughput while reducing and / or minimizing infrastructure costs?
- Address the needs of multiple ministries (through functional and process integration, leveraging functional expertise, consolidation, improved data sharing, etc.)?
- Could/should regulators be able to ban data collected under statutory powers from being transmitted, processed or stored outside jurisdictional boundaries nations?
- How many duplicate records are still being created in the source systems (and then merged in the MDM system) because of the limitations of the source systems?
- Are there visual representations available that demonstrated processes, role approvals, dataflow, security checkpoints & database table touch tables?
- Is there your organization-wide metadata standard, such as an extension of the dublin core, for use by search tools, multiple repositories, etc.?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Data Governance book in PDF containing 692 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Data Governance self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Data Governance Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Data Governance areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Data Governance Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Data Governance projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Data Governance Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Data Governance project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Formal Acceptance: What are the requirements against which to test, Who will execute?
- Activity List: How should ongoing costs be monitored to try to keep the Data Governance project within budget?
- Closing Process Group: How well did the chosen processes fit the needs of the Data Governance project?
- Planning Process Group: Does the program have follow-up mechanisms (to verify the quality of the products, punctuality of delivery, etc.) to measure progress in the achievement of the envisaged results?
- Procurement Management Plan: Are Data Governance project team members involved in detailed estimating and scheduling?
- Scope Management Plan: Is an industry recognized mechanized support tool(s) being used for Data Governance project scheduling & tracking?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are procurement deliverables arriving on time and to specification?
- Contract Close-Out: Has each contract been audited to verify acceptance and delivery?
- Procurement Audit: Where required, did candidates give evidence of complying with quality assurance standards?
- Quality Management Plan: How does your organization make it easy for customers to seek assistance or complain?
Step-by-step and complete Data Governance Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Data Governance project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Data Governance project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Data Governance project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Data Governance project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Data Governance project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Data Governance project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Data Governance project with this in-depth Data Governance Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Data Governance projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Data Governance and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Data Governance investments work better.
This Data Governance All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.