Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Data Migration Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Data Migration related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Data Migration specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Data Migration Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 908 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Data Migration improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 908 standard requirements:
- The process of conducting a data migration involves access to both the legacy source and the target source.Ì_The target source must be configured according to requirements.Ì_ If you are using a contractor and provided that the contractor is under strict confidentiality, do you permit the contractor to house copies of your source data during the implementation?
- There are data governance, privacy and legal issues that are associated with ventures into the cloud. Who owns the data and how do they assure that the data is not made available to nascent third parties who have no business accessing it?
- Have you determined the accuracy & value of the existing data in corresponding systems and, if so, what level of data migration is intended from each system: Static/Master file and/or Transaction Data?
- Does the tool in use have the ability to integrate with Active Directory or sync directory on a scheduled basis, or do look-ups within a multi-domain forest in the sub-100-millisecond range?
- If files are being migrated or converted, is someone performing a check on both files (original and converted file) to make sure the data has not been altered and that data has been lost?
- Does the dlp solution your organization uses have the ability to integrate with enterprise active directory servers to determine users and build user, role, and business unit policies?
- Do you do your homework on the proposed data migration and validate your assumptions with the business rather than asking the open ended question What data do you want to migrate?
- If the decision is made to migrate the data, how much clean up and cleansing of the old data will be required before it can be cleanly integrated into the new IT business system?
- Does the migration software support non-disruptive data migration (i.e. legacy application continues to operate during the migration) if this is a requirement of the migration?
- What is the risk that your data will be delivered to a domestic or foreign law enforcement organization by the cloud service provider in response to a legally binding request?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Data Migration book in PDF containing 908 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Data Migration self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Data Migration Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Data Migration areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Data Migration Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Data Migration projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Data Migration Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Data Migration project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- WBS Dictionary: Does the contractors system provide unit costs, equivalent unit or lot costs in terms of labor, material, other direct, and indirect costs?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are the schedule estimates reasonable given the Data Migration project?
- Quality Audit: What does an analysis of your organizations staff profile suggest in terms of its planning, and how is this being addressed?
- Quality Management Plan: What would be the next steps or what else should you do at this point?
- Initiating Process Group: Which of six sigmas dmaic phases focuses on the measurement of internal process that affect factors that are critical to quality?
- Risk Register: What are you going to do to limit the Data Migration projects risk exposure due to the identified risks?
- Risk Register: What would the impact to the Data Migration project objectives be should the risk arise?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Are the quality tools and methods identified in the Quality Plan appropriate to the Data Migration project?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Are resource rates available to calculate Data Migration project costs?
- Project or Phase Close-Out: Have business partners been involved extensively, and what data was required for them?
Step-by-step and complete Data Migration Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Data Migration project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Data Migration project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Data Migration project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Data Migration project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Data Migration project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Data Migration project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Data Migration project with this in-depth Data Migration Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Data Migration projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Data Migration and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Data Migration investments work better.
This Data Migration All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.